Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Diploma in Microbiology Part I

  Ever since the day I got the offer, my friends asked me to write a post regarding the course I'm pursuing but I can never really find time to write one. Now it's 5 am in the morning and since I got nothing else to do, I guess I'll start now.

  Now to answer your questions, yes I'm pursuing Diploma in Microbiology. Well, microbiology is the study of living organisms so basically I'm dealing with microorganisms on my daily basis (bacteria, virus, fungi etc). The course takes up to 6 semesters (including 4 months of industrial training) but I only finished up to semester 3 for now so I can't tell much sorry. And as for the requirement, you need to pass SPM and English subject with credits in :

  1. Mathematics / Additional Mathematics
  2. Chemistry 
  3. Biology



    Being stupid as I am, I always thought bacteria, virus and fungi are the same thing LOL, But things get pretty interesting when I find out they are actually not. The thing that I love the most about microbiology is the fact that it requires lots of reading (and of course memorizing). And as I said reading, no you can't just depend on lecture notes. From now on, google is your bestfriend (I think this applies to all university students). Another thing is, it does not involve too much calculations. Excepts for semester 1, you will be dealing with pre calculus and as for the rest, you'll only be dealing with calculations in chemistry. Maka ketahuilah calculations in chemistry jauh lebih menyeronokkan. And of course, no physics HAHAHAHAHA I love my life.

  As for courses to pursue for degree, you do not need to worry much. For those who are interested in medic but didn't have the opportunity before, yes you are able to pursue degree in medicine. I, too plan to do so but lets see how it goes. Just a friendly reminder, pointer kena jaga ye dik. Sebaiknya 4 flat, nanti dorang hantar oversea (mak jah tak mampu T_T). Another options are degree in Biotech, Forensic, Medical Microbiology and such. As for Degree in Microbiology rasanya ada satu dekat UPM, dekat UiTM takde lagi. Dengar cerita coming soon kat Pilah juga LOL

   I'll update more on the study plan later on since I need to do it specifically so yes, it takes time, Till then, I hope this helps and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment