Wednesday, November 19, 2014

A letter for future daughter

Dear future daughter,

  I am nineteen the day I'm writing this letter for you. You might be older or younger than I am now but it doesn't really matter.  It’s pretty weird for me because right now I'm having a hard time imagining myself as a mom. I’m not really sure what mom is supposed to look like but I'm sure that there are some non-negotiable elements of motherhood, if you will. Things like letting go of my selfishness, thinking of you first, and being there when you need me.   

  Again, I don’t know what motherhood really looks like, but I know what I’d like it to be. I want to be the mom you can turn to when you need a shoulder to cry on or someone to encourage. I want to be your biggest cheerleader and your most valued role model. I want to be by your side when  engaged, and the one you look to for help when you have your own baby. 

  In life, you don't always get what you want and things may not go as you originally planned, but I want you to know that it is not a necessary to have it all figured out now. That's just how it is. At this age, everything seems like the end of the world but trust me years from now, you will be laughing at yourself wondering why you worried that much. Don't forget to enjoy your present and remember that I will always, always have your back.

  My dearest, when the time comes, you will meet someone. He seems ordinary at the beginning but as time goes by, you will soon figure out that he was just, different. You begin to love every little things about him. The way he walks with his hands in his pocket, the sparkles in his eyes as he smiles and the way he's living his passion in football, video games etc.

 You will indeed grow strong feelings for him, you'll find yourself dancing in the room and imagining things you wanna do with him (which you're afraid to admit but that's okay).Then come this one day, you caught yourself asking "Is he the one?" I'm not saying that he is, nor I will say that he isn't. Because dear, neither I have the answer.
  
  Daughter, I won’t be perfect. I’ll break some of these promises sometimes. I might even lose my temper and yell. But I’ll make sure you know that no matter what, every minute of every day, I love you more than anything in the world, but right now I’m a mess, and I probably always will be. I’m still learning and trying to be the kind of woman you’ll be proud to have for a mom one day. And by the way, this is me when I was 2. Please tell me that you look exactly like your mum LOL


I love you, 
Ibu  

No comments:

Post a Comment