Monday, May 19, 2014

Matriculation vs Diploma vs Form 6 : A struggle for better future

  I'm pretty sure everyone will go through this hard time deciding a place to further studies after SPM ended. I, too almost lose my mind. I tell you what, usually people around you is the biggest influence to your decision. Or in my case, my friends.


"Weh kau pandai masuklah matriks"
"Weh kau tak pandai meh lah ambil diploma ke form 6"


  We need to get rid of this kind of perception but until the miracle happen, you'll get used to this just like I did. To cut the crap, let me share my personal opinion regarding this.


I was happy too, just before I realized how cruel the world is :(


  Lets start with matriculation, the shortcut. By the word shortcut, yes you'll be struggling with time. 8 hours of class a day, with tutorial classes and lectures. That's why you are able to pursue your degree in 1 or 2 years. Basically you're having 4 subjects that you need to excel in. Sounds easy but it's not. The syllabus for matriculation and form 6 is almost the same. For those who can cope with the stress, you are welcomed here. But for those who can't, there's other options out there so don't worry.

  The next option is diploma. This is where you'll be introduced to university life. Diploma is quite specified and in my case, it helps me a lot to choose which course to pursue in degree. So it took basically 3 years but don't worry about it because you'll be able to complete your degree in only 2 years. The syllabus ? Well for my course, you'll be taking 7 or 8 subjects every semesters and to maintain your performance for 5 semesters ain't that easy man. It still need effort.

  Last but not least, it's form 6. You'll spend 3 semester in school, taking STPM exam and stuff. This is also considered as the shortcut to degree, thus you'll be struggling with time and those 4/5 subjects that you took. And no, you shouldn't look down at them because STPM is one of the toughest exams in Asia but if you excel in the exams, you'll be able to pursue degree in short time. So I guess this is all I got. No matter what your decision is, always remember that at the end of the day, it's you who are going to decide. People will always compare but as long as you love what you're doing, don't bother if people kept on degrading you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I understand this is kind of off-topic but
    I needed to ask. Does operating a well-established blog such as yours take a lot of work?
    I am completely new to writing a blog however I do write in my diary every day.
    I'd like to start a blog so I can easily share my experience and
    views online. Please let me know if you have any kind of ideas or
    tips for brand new aspiring bloggers. Appreciate it!



    Also visit my website: exterior home renovations (http://www.homeimprovementdaily.com/)

    ReplyDelete